9 Of The Best Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffusers
- What is an Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser?
- The Differentiation
- What to Look for in an Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
- Best Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffusers
- Urpower Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
- Urpower Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser in Wood Grain
- Innogear Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
- Art Naturals Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
- VicTsing Ultrasonic Essential Oils Diffuser
- VicTsing Mini Ultrasonic Essential Oils Diffuser
- Asakuki Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
- Winomo USB Mini Humidifier/Essential Oil Diffuser
Many people enjoy the benefits of using essential oil diffusers in their home. They take seconds to prepare and give hours of endless, fabulous scent. Using different essential oils, you can create a variety of moods and use certain oils to reduce stress, boost energy, lift mood and even encourage restful sleep.
Diffusers can be used at any time of day and most just need a little water blended with your favorite essential oil to infuse your home with a pleasurable aromatherapy experience.
What is an Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser?
An ultrasonic essential oil diffuser is slightly different from others available. Generally, essential oil diffusers disperse essential oils into the air in the form of vapor. This vapor is easily absorbed into the atmosphere and if you want to, you can even blend essential oil scents together to create something unique or with multiple benefits.
Types Of Diffusers
There are other types of diffusers, as follows:
- A heat diffuser uses heat that causes the essential oils used to evaporate.
- A nebulizing diffuser works using a process that distributes pressured air which breaks down the essential oils. Then, a vacuum pulls the pressured air to the surface, scattering the essential oils into an almost invisible mist.
- An evaporative diffuser consists of a fan that generates wind. The wind evaporates the essential oil which is captured in an absorbent material that releases the scent.
The Benefits of Using an Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
Essential oil diffusers have numerous benefits and are especially effective in combating mild illnesses and anxiety but there are many other reasons why buying an ultrasonic essential oil diffuser is a good idea:
- It combats minor illnesses, such as the common cold, coughs, headaches and that’s because many essential oils contain anti-microbial particles thought to encourage the immune system. Choose rosemary, sage, grapefruit, tea tree, thyme or lemon for this purpose.
- It helps you to breathe freely as the release of essential oils is known to reduce congestion, for example, releasing sinuses, alleviating allergies, breathing problems and common colds. The best oils to use in your ultrasonic essential oil diffuser for this purpose are rosemary, lemon, peppermint, and eucalyptus.
- Diffusers can help reduce inflammation and ease pain relief. So if you’ve had an intense workout or you’ve injured a joint, releasing essential oils can speed up recovery. A diffuser is also recommended relief for tension headaches. Try chamomile, lavender, rosemary, ginger or bergamot essential oil for pain relief.
- Using one can help you sleep better. Releasing essential oils in the evening soothes and calms, especially if you want to encourage a better night’s sleep. The best oil for this purpose is lavender.
- The diffuser can also repel insects when used with the right type of essential oil, particularly mosquitos, moths, and house flies. Try blending thyme, basil, lemongrass and eucalyptus oils together to get rid of uninvited house guests!
It helps to boost cognitive function. Some essential oils are excellent for lifting mood and helping you to concentrate. Soothing and lifting, the best oils for this are lemon, pine, peppermint, and eucalyptus.
A diffuser with a pleasant essential oil helps to create a welcoming atmosphere in your home. Most essential oils deliver a pleasing fragrant experience, so try different scents until you find a few favorites.
Humidifier VS Diffuser
You might find that some people swear by using a humidifier over a diffuser but they are different products. A humidifier adds humidity to the air, keeping it moist so they’re good if you’ve got a cough or a cold or you have dry skin for example. They operate using a large tank of water.
The water is heated up and releases air and they don’t release a fragrance. Ultrasonic essential oil diffusers work using a very small tank and don’t involve heat at all. It also releases fragrant essential oil particles and can help to clear sinuses. Diffusers have a wealth of other benefits as discussed above.
Diffuser VS Vaporizer
A vaporizer generates water vapor and is particularly effective for medicine. Unlike an ultrasonic essential oil diffuser, it heats water so that it turns into steam and releases the vapor. There is no heat involved in the ultrasonic essential oil diffuser and that’s because when you combine intense heat with essential oils, you usually lose the therapeutic qualities of the oil.
Diffuser VS Air Purifier
Air purifiers are best for allergy sufferers because they remove pollutants from the air such as allergens, dander, dust, smoke, mold, and odors. They make the air cleaner and aren’t for use with essential oils. They don’t have any soothing, calming benefits but they’re excellent if someone suffers from breathing problems or allergic reactions. There’s no fragrance involved.
What to Look for in an Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
Before you choose the perfect ultrasonic essential oil diffuser for your needs, it’s a good idea to check that it has all the qualities you want. Here’s a list of what you should look for:
- Check the operating time
- If you use heat, you should definitely choose a diffuser with auto-shut off for safety
- Look at the water capacity, the lower the capacity, the shorter the running time
- Consider what the product is made out of
- If you want something to help you sleep, check that it’s silent or almost silent
- If you’re a beginner, it’s probably best to choose something that is very easy to use
- Check the manufacturer’s guarantee
Best Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffusers[azontables id=”37573″ /]
We’ve also done a lot of research for you, so you can make the right choice for what you want. Below you’ll find a review of each to help you choose:
Urpower Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
If you’re on a budget, this is an excellent high-quality product that retails under the $20 mark (depending on where you buy it from). Waterless and with auto-shutoff it features seven colored LED lights. The diffuser also works like a humidifier, distributing moist air so it’s dual purpose.
Use essential oils to create the atmosphere you want, whether for stress-busting, relaxation or enhancing your mood.
The diffuser features an on/off cycle and once the water has evaporated, it automatically shuts off for your safety. The diffuser works by spreading microparticles of essential oil into the air and eliminates odors too for pleasurable living. The water heats up and steam passes through creating vapor which flows through a coil and collects in the receiving vessel and then gently disperses into the air.
Made out of PP hard plastic, its operation time is 6 hours. It also has two mist settings, either continuously or intermittently. One of the biggest bonuses in the Urpower is that it is so quiet, it won’t interrupt sleep.
Check out how Urpower works in this video:
Urpower Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser in Wood Grain
Also at $19.99 (depending on retailer) is another Urpower product, in a wood grain. Essentially, the product does the same thing as the other Urpower diffuser reviewed here. With a 130 ml capacity, this ultrasonic diffuser boasts seven color changing LED lights, an adjustable mist mode, and auto-shut off for extra safety. Small and compact and in a handsome wood grain it should blend in nicely with most home décor schemes.
This ultrasonic essential oil diffuser runs for up to 4 hours in continuous mode or 6 hours in the intermittent mode (choose from either mode) and it comes with a 90-day money back guarantee if you’re not completely satisfied along with a one year warranty.
When you buy this product, you receive an adaptor and user manual along with the diffuser.
Check out how Urpower works in this video:
Innogear Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
At just $13.59 (depending on retailer) is the Innogear ultrasonic essential oil diffuser. The diffuser delivers a superior quality fragrance that is ideal for stress-busting, relaxation or mood enhancing. It also gets rid of unpleasant odors. Whisper-quiet, use it while you sleep and the Innogear has the added benefit of adding moisture to the air to help alleviate dry skin conditions.
With seven mood changing lights, it’s bright and colorful and works just as well as a nightlight. Safe to use, the Innogear features an auto-shut off feature and it’s easy to use, add a few drops of your chosen essential oil to the water tank, turn it on and let it work its magic!
Check out how Innogear works in this video:
Art Naturals Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
Slightly more expensive, at $27 (depending on retailer) is the Art Naturals Aromatherapy Essential Oil and Diffuser Gift set which comes complete with eight fabulous oils including:
- Tea Tree
This diffuser also boasts auto-shut off for added safety and seven colorful LED lights. With 150ml tank, it’s got great capacity too.
The diffuser is made out of a wood grain finish, ideal for most home décor schemes and it works as a humidifier too, releasing vapor into the atmosphere. BPA free and eco-friendly it’s a solid environmental product that has three timer settings ranging from 1 hour, 3 hour and continuous.
Once the water evaporates fully, the diffuser automatically shuts itself off. Use to create the right mood for how you’re feeling or to boost energy – it’s a soothing, calming and uplifting product that comes complete with everything you need to get started.
Additionally, the Art Naturals product comes with a 12-month warranty and a money back guarantee for added peace of mind.
Check out how Art Naturals works in this video:
VicTsing Ultrasonic Essential Oils Diffuser
At approximately $23 (depending on retailer) is the VicTsing 300ml ultrasonic essential oil diffuser which comes in an attractive wood grain that is suitable for most home décor schemes. Larger than the others mentioned here, it is still compact and portable.
The cap lifts off easily and you simply add water and your favorite essential oil for a soothing, fragrant experience. The VicTsing is capable of running for up to 10 hours because of the larger capacity and it automatically shuts off when the water runs out.
Quiet too, it delivers a very fine mist that’s useful for dehumidifying the air too. It also has an adjustable LED light with seven different colors. Select from two modes, steady and intermittent. The light can be changed to brighter or dimmer depending on what you want and the diffuser features four-time setting modes, one hour, three, six or continuous.
An excellent all-around diffuser product.
Check out how VicTsing works in this video:
VicTsing Mini Ultrasonic Essential Oils Diffuser
Of course, if you love the idea of the VicTsing diffuser but want something a little smaller, you’ll like the mini version. It retails at $19.99 (depending on where you buy it from) and is a cute, palm-size ultrasonic essential oil diffuser that has a wealth of features.
With auto-shut off, it delivers safety and there are three timer settings so you choose how long you diffuse! There are also 14 color lights to select and seven color moods, each has two brightness modes and it holds 150ml of water so lasts up to 8 hours.
The diffuser is made out of a wood grain finish so should blend well in any home and as a humidifier too, it is excellent for unblocking sinuses and nasal packages.
It’s also effective at masking unpleasant odors. Complete with a 45-day money-back guarantee and a 12-month warranty, you can’t go wrong!
Check out how VicTsing Mini works in this video:
Asakuki Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser
At $25 (depending on retailer) is the Asakuki Essential Oil Diffuser which is the largest on the list and can cope with up to 500ml capacity. The diffuser has a timer (choose from three different settings including continuous), auto-shut off for safety and seven different LED light colors.
It’s also ideal to use as a humidifier as it improves your home’s air quality and masks unpleasant odors. Made out of high-quality materials, it’s eco-friendly and ultra-safe. Additionally, it comes with a six-month money back guarantee and a one year warranty.
Check out how Asakuki works in this video:
Winomo USB Mini Humidifier/Essential Oil Diffuser
The Winomo features seven different color changing LED lights and is a great mini-product that is easily portable so you can take it with you to work or to other places including in your child’s room as a soothing night light. Retailing at approximately $19 (depending on where you buy it from), the Winomo has many positive attributes.
It’s lightweight and is easy to use; simply add a few drops of essential oil to water. Very quiet and small, it’s hardly noticeable and the auto-shutoff gives you added peace of mind. Choose from steady colors or changeable mode and adjust the brightness to your personal preference.
The diffuser is made out of safe materials plus comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and a one year warranty.