5 Insane (But True) Things About Head Massager Spiders – Scalp Massagers
Shaped like a spider (hence their name), with a number of long, dangling legs, they’re quite a simple innovation really. Usually made out of metal, the legs are spindly enough that they have some flexibility, allowing them to really massage the scalp well.
They’re also long enough to reach all over the head, from the top to the crown and down to the base of the neck. At the top of the head spider massager is a handle, which you operate to move the contraption around your head, making sure to stimulate all the areas.
Top 5 Best Head Massage Spiders
1. Body Back Head Massage Spider
The head massage spider from Body Back promise a “iridiculously” good feeling and a deeply soothing massage that will relax your body from head to toes. It’s super easy to use as the only thing you have to do is to raise and lower it on the scalp a few minutes for the massage to be efficient. The product is safe, as the snag-free acrylic beads protect your scalp from scratches and the 2mm durable metal wires can easily reshape to fit any head.
- Easy To Transport – As the massager is very small and light, it can be easily carried anywhere;
- Relieves Stress – The ticklish massage of the legs relieves muscular tension and improves blood flow.
2. Kikkerland Copper Head Massage Spider
With a rating of 3.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon, the Kikkerland Copper Head Massager promises to be the inexpensive tool you and your friends might have been waiting for. Favouring blood circulation, this Head Massage Spider provides deep relaxation and helps reducing the day-to-day stress. It comes in a wide range of colours that is randomly chosen when it’s shipped, making sure to it a surprise. Since it measure only 9 inches, you can take it everywhere you go and use it when in need.
- Stimulates Blood Circulation – The massager is designed to press certain points on your head in order to stimulate blood circulation;
- Good Value For Money – It’s very cheap, so the value-money ratio is satisfactory enough.
3. Daiwa Vibrating Head Massage Spider
This massage spider is quite different from other similar products. Coming with four different massage heads (head, scalp, face and body), this gadget is especially designed to stimulate nerve endings on different parts of your head, such as the scalp, temples and neck through acupressure and vibration. The head massager has magnets on the tips that not only prevent scratches, but they also stimulate nerve endings. The tingling sensation on skin given by the face massager helps preventing the apparition of such imperfections like wrinkles, while the shiatsu point massaged is there for applying pressure on certain points on the body.
- Very Relaxing – The four massage heads and the vibrations boost the beneficial effects of the traditional spider massager;
- Easy To Use – The ergonomic design offers a good user experience.
4. Ikeepi Scalp Vibration Head Massager
Having a rating of 3.9/5 stars, the vibration head massage spider from Ikeepi looks like the budget solution for your everyday pain. The two different massage heads work hand in hand with the vibration of the device, stimulating blood circulation and hair growth. What’s more, it relieves stress and soothes your tired, aching muscles and helps you relax. The ergonomic design makes the massager easy to use wherever you are, be it at home, work, or even a trip.
- FLEXIBLE MASSAGE HEADS – The device provides you with one of the best massages you can get at home.
- Friendly User Experience – The handle fits perfectly in your hand, making it easy to use, and the single button provides easy use of the device
5. Kimko Electric Scalp Massager
The Head Massage Spider from Kimkoo is not different from your classic massage spider, but it does come with one simple little innovation: the manufacturer added a little vibration. It all starts in the handle, where the vibration sends tingles down your head and neck through the long, stainless legs. And don’t worry about any possible scratches because the tips of the legs have rubber prongs that are bound to protect your scalp.
- Very Relaxing – The device provides a good massage experience that help you relieve the tension in your muscles;
- Good quality/price ratio: The head massage spider is more than affordable and it really does what it promises to.
How does a head massage spider work?
The best way to use a spider massager (or scalp massager) is to place the contraption on the top of your head and then move the legs so they cover the head. Then you should maneuver the spider massager upwards and downwards in generous, circular shapes. Keep the movement nice and slow to really feel the benefit, it’s a very relaxing feeling.
Benefits of using a head massage spider
There are a number of benefits when using a spider massager:
- They can help to alleviate symptoms of a headache and prevent the onset of a migraine
- They encourage feelings of relaxation and calm
- They boost endorphin levels (the happiness hormone!)
- Spider massagers help to stimulate circulation in the scalp, so improving the texture of your hair and with long-term use, they can even help to boost healthy hair growth
- Users report feeling calm and peaceful after a spider head massage
So, you can use it at home, in the office or take it on your travels. Buy it for yourself, or if you have a friend who suffers from stress and anxiety, it makes a wonderful gift!